Lisa in Acworth, GA's Note:
Absolutely delicious and pretty quick! Adapted from an epicurious.com recipe. Quick and flavorful pasta that's special enough for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, about 4 oz,sliced,4 tbsp oil reserved
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed & cut on diagonal into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (I added more b/c I like it spicy)
- 1 3/4 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil reserved from tomatoes in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Using slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to bowl.
- 4Add sundried tomatoes, shrimp, 1/4 cup basil, garlic, oregano, and crushed red pepper to same skillet and saute until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- 5Transfer shrimp mixture to bowl with asparagus.
- 6Add broth, wine and tomato paste to same skillet.
- 7Boil until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente.
- 9Drain, return pasta to same pot.
- 10Add shrimp mixture, sauce, remaining 1/4 cup basil and cheese to pasta.
- 11Toss over medium heat until warmed through and sauce coats pasta.
- 12Season with salt& pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Shrimp, Asparagus & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (586 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 810.3
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 374.9 mg
- Sodium 2066.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 60.9 g