Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Absolutely delicious and pretty quick! Adapted from an epicurious.com recipe. Quick and flavorful pasta that's special enough for company.
- 3⁄4 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, about 4 oz,sliced,4 tbsp oil reserved
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed & cut on diagonal into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (I added more b/c I like it spicy)
- 1 3⁄4 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil reserved from tomatoes in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to bowl.
- Add sundried tomatoes, shrimp, 1/4 cup basil, garlic, oregano, and crushed red pepper to same skillet and saute until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to bowl with asparagus.
- Add broth, wine and tomato paste to same skillet.
- Boil until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain, return pasta to same pot.
- Add shrimp mixture, sauce, remaining 1/4 cup basil and cheese to pasta.
- Toss over medium heat until warmed through and sauce coats pasta.
- Season with salt& pepper and serve.
Very good flavour. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out great!
Fantastic! Great flavors! I made this as stated with the addition of a few fresh mushrooms sliced and sauteed with the asparagus. I also added about 2 ounces of cream cheese to the sauce to make it creamy. Absolutely delicious! Thank you so much!
Tasty and flavorful!