Recipe by rickscott
This is what we had for dinner tonight. I've made dishes similar before, but haven't measured out the ingredients so others can duplicate it. Feel free to improvise. Water could be easily sustituted for the tomato juice. About half way through the cooking time taste the sauce for acidity. Add a pinch of sugar if needed to cut the acidity of the tomatoes.
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 thin sliced pork chops
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 12 ounces water
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 11 1⁄2 ounces tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 lb cooked penne pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in the olive oil in a large pot until translucent.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic is slightly brown.
- While the onion is cooking mix the tomato paste and water together.
- Place the pork chops in the pot.
- Add the tomato paste mixture, crushed tomatoes, and the tomato juice to the pot then stir.
- Add the dry seasonings, wine, and mushrooms. Simmer for 1 hour.
- 10 minutes before the sauce is finished add the parsley.
- Remove pork chops and keep warm while you mix pasta and sauce.
- Serve with a salad.