Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Food Network's Guy Feiri. I had this at his restaurant, Johnny Garlic's and loved it. I made it at home last night and it tasted exactly the same! It is spicey! I only put in 1 1/2 peppers and it was not as spicey as it was at the restaurant, but perfect. It is an easy recipe to make!
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 4 Louisiana hot link sausages, all beef, cut in 6 bias slices
- 20 raw shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb cooked penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon diced roma tomato
- 1 tablespoon diced scallion
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 ounce Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo
- 3⁄4 ounce red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make the Chipotle Sauce first. Combine all ingredients in blender, puree, cover and refrigerate.
- In saute pan over high heat, add olive oil and hot links. Sear links until browned.
- Add the shrimp and cook until pink. Lower heat to medium.
- Add cream, 3/4 of the Chipotle Sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta and the cheese. Toss to combine.
- Serve in pasta bowl and garnish with diced tomato, scallions, more sauce, if desired, and grated Parmesan.