"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
This recipe is from Food Network's Guy Feiri. I had this at his restaurant, Johnny Garlic's and loved it. I made it at home last night and it tasted exactly the same! It is spicey! I only put in 1 1/2 peppers and it was not as spicey as it was at the restaurant, but perfect. It is an easy recipe to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 4 Louisiana hot link sausages, all beef, cut in 6 bias slices
- 20 raw shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb cooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon diced roma tomato
- 1 tablespoon diced scallion
- 1Make the Chipotle Sauce first. Combine all ingredients in blender, puree, cover and refrigerate.
- 2In saute pan over high heat, add olive oil and hot links. Sear links until browned.
- 3Add the shrimp and cook until pink. Lower heat to medium.
- 4Add cream, 3/4 of the Chipotle Sauce, salt and pepper.
- 5Add cooked pasta and the cheese. Toss to combine.
- 6Serve in pasta bowl and garnish with diced tomato, scallions, more sauce, if desired, and grated Parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Cajun Hot Links and Chipotle Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1483.7
- Calories from Fat 896
- Total Fat 99.6 g
- Saturated Fat 34.1 g
- Cholesterol 211.8 mg
- Sodium 1646.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Louisiana hot link sausages
chipotle chiles in adobo