Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is really good for making once and freezing portions for quick meals later.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canhunt diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) canhunt tomato paste
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- PREPARE PASTA ACCORDING TO DIRECTIONS.
- Cook ground beef (or turkey) and onion in a large skillet about 8 minutes or until meat is crumbled and no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and water.
- Season to taste, heat through.
- Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine cooked pasta with meat-tomato mixture, and 2 cups.
- mozzarella cheese.
- Pour into baking dish; top evenly with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
This was very good, very simple, and very fast.
i'm atempting to make this recipe it better be good!