Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces butter
- 6 ounces plain flour
- 4 ounces chopped pecans or 4 ounces walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 ounces soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 6 ounces icing sugar, sifted
- Pastry: Mix together the cream cheese, butter, plain flour until it forms a ball.
- Chill this for an hour.
- Roll the pastry and place inside small tart tins.
- Put a few nuts in the bottom of each tin.
- Filling: Mix together the egg, butter, brown sugar, essence and the remaining nuts till fluffy.
- Pour this mixture into the tins.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180 Degree C for 30 35 minutes until firm.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Caramel Icing: Warm the milk and butter in a small saucepan.
- In another small pan, heat the caster sugar over medium heat until golden.
- Remove both from heat and pour the milk mixture over the caramel.
- Return to a low heat and stir until dissolved.
- Gradually add in the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- If its too thick, add a little milk to give a spreading consistency.
- Spread this over the tarts and top with a whole nut.
lovely!!! these are the best. ever1 loved them