Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
This was on a clipping from an old magazine...not sure which one. Yummy and pretty too...
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons praline liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll pie crust into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Fit into a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom; trim excess pastry. Prick bottom with fork, and line with aluminum foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 450 for 5 minutes. Carefully remove weights and foil; bake for 2 additional minutes. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and butter melts. Cool slightly. Stir in eggs, vanilla and salt; pour into prepared crust. Top with pecan halves.
- Bake at 325 for 55 minutes or until set.
- Place chocolate morsels in a small heavy duty zip top bag; seal. Submerge in hot water until chocolate melts. Snip a tiny hole in one corner of bag and drizzle chocolate over tart.
- Combine whipping cream, praline liqueur and vanilla extract in a small bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until foamy. Add powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until soft peaks form.
- Serve tart with Praline Cream.