This is an Ina Garten recipe. Watched her make this on her show and had to get the recipe. This is NOT for the calorie counter! Dip one end in melted chocolate for and extra special treat.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2For the crust: Beat the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, until light, approximately 3 minute.
- 3Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix well.
- 4Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into another bowl.
- 5Mix the dry ingredients into the batter with the mixer on low speed until just combined.
- 6Press dough evenly into an ungreased 18x12" baking sheet, making an edge around the outside. It will be very sticky; sprinkle the dough and your hands lightly with flour.
- 7Bake for 15 min, until crust is set but not browned.
- 8Allow to cool.
- 9For topping: Combine the butter, honey, brown sugar and zests in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- 10Cook over low heat until the butter is melted, using a wooden spoon to stir.
- 11Raise the heat and boil for 3 minute.
- 12Remove from the heat.
- 13Stir in the heavy cream and pecans.
- 14Pour over crust, trying not to get the filling between the crust and the pan.
- 15Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the filling is set.
- 16Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- 17Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold.
- 18Cut into bars and serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Squares
Serving Size: 1 (3862 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1008.9
- Calories from Fat 685
- Total Fat 76.1 g
- Saturated Fat 30.0 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 358.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 55.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g