Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
These have great stage presence! Just as cute as can be! They are as easy as they are cute so make extra, they are delicious! Cook time includes the cooling time.
- 1 (15 ounce) packagerolled refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half or 2 tablespoons light cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375. Let piecrust stand according to package directions. Unroll crusts; using a 2 1/2 inch round cutter, cut out 24 circles. Reserve scraps for any tears that may need repaired. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together egg, pumpkin and half and half. Stir in sugar, flour, lemon peel, spice, vanilla and salt. Spoon about 1 tablespoon pumpkin mixture into each pastry lined cup. Place a pecan half on top of each tartlet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is set. Cool on wire rack. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator within 2 hours of baking.
These were soo stunning and delicious for my Thanksgiving dessert spread. I'm the appointed Dessert Quenn of my family and they just went gag over these adorable edibles. Not a crumb left! I used my own recipe for the pie crust, but tripled it just in case. I was glad I did, because I needed that extra crust! I went a little more generous with the spices and vanilla (probably 1 tsp each). I topped them with some homemade whipped cream. I then crushed some graham crackers and sprinkled on top of the whipped cream. Thanks so much for sharing!
These were lovely! And so cute! lol Made a double batch and had enough filling and more than enough crust for an extra 12 tarts. Did half with pecans on top and half without. Didn't have pumpkin pie spice so used (per batch) 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp clove and a sprinkle of nutmeg & ginger. Made for a catering job and they looked great on the dessert tray! Thanks for the recipe R.Lynn!
I made these for my son's preschool class and they loved them. I used a homemade crust instead of the refrigerated kind. I put about 1T. of dough in each cup and pressed it with a tart shaper instead of using the round cutter. I omitted the lemon peel and substituted 1/4t. cinnamon, 1/8t. nutmeg, and 1/8t. ginger for the pumpkin pie spice. I left off the pecans because of nut allergies and topped with Cool Whip.