2) Make your crust. Mix brown sugar, rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, cinnamon, and granola until combined. With a fork, cut in the shortening until it looks crumbly.
3) Lightly grease a muffin pan or line with muffin liners.
4) Place 1 tablespoon of mixture in each and press into place. Save remaining mixture for the top. Set aside.
5) To make the yummy pumpkin filling, mix together rice flour, baking powder, pumpkin spices, and salt. Set aside.
6) In separate bowl, mix pumpkin, rice milk, brown sugar, and oil until combined. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin and mix well.
7) Fill the muffin tray with pumpkin filling. Top off with a sprinkle of the extra crust mixture. (There maybe extra topping depending on how much you prefer on top).
8) Bake tarts for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool in muffin pan for about 15 minutes before removing. Remove carefully, (i.e. with 2 spoons). Serve warm or cold. Keep fresh in the refrigerator.
*To crumble granola, process lightly in a food processor or place in a plastic bag and lightly pound out with a rolling pin.