Recipe by Jellyqueen
I found this recipe in the Capital Cookbook that is published by Fundcrafters. I baked it the first time for a bake sale and it was a real hit. It is fairly quick and easy to assemble. It is really rich, so a little goes a long way.
Top Review by Shabby Sign Shoppe
Scrumptious! Will be my go-to pecan bar recipe. Be sure to wait a few hours before eating so these set well. Once the set, they cut much better. I used a cabbage slicer thing to cut these evenly. Those new brownie pans with divided sections would work well too. I lined pan with foil for easy cleanup and removal. Thank you for posting
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Karo syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare and bake Cookie Crust as follows: Spray 10 x 15-inch baking dish with Pam.
- Beat at medium speed the sugar, flour, salt and butter.
- Beat until mix is fine crumbs.
- Press into pan.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until light brown.
- While baking prepare filling as follows: Beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.