I found this recipe in the Capital Cookbook that is published by Fundcrafters. I baked it the first time for a bake sale and it was a real hit. It is fairly quick and easy to assemble. It is really rich, so a little goes a long way.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare and bake Cookie Crust as follows: Spray 10 x 15-inch baking dish with Pam.
- Beat at medium speed the sugar, flour, salt and butter.
- Beat until mix is fine crumbs.
- Press into pan.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until light brown.
- While baking prepare filling as follows: Beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.