Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've been making these cookies forever. Somewhere along the way I've discovered toasting the pecans brings out their flavor. Great Holiday cookie!
- In a large bowl beat butter 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and cinnamon; beat until combined.
- Beat in 2 teaspoons water and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and pecans with a wooden spoon.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake in 325 degree oven 20 minutes or until lightly browned on bottoms.
- Transfer to wire rack.
- Place 1 cup of powdered sugar in plastic bag.
- Add cookies few at a time; shake gently to coat.
- I make these 1 month ahead of time and freeze them before their final coat of powdered sugar.
- I thaw them out before sugaring.
LOVE LOVE LOVE these. I have made these cookies from another recipe without the cinnamon and toasted pecans. Those 2 ingredients make a huge difference. This recipe is a definate winner in my book.
Very good, remind me of Pecan Sandies, which I love. I was a little disappointed that with so much butter there wasn't more dough but that was my own fault for not realizeing that would be the case by reading the other ingredients. They are way too fattening to indulge in very often but for the holiday goodie plate they look like little snowballs and are a nice little indulgence.