Recipe by cookiebaker
I've been making these cookies forever. Somewhere along the way I've discovered toasting the pecans brings out their flavor. Great Holiday cookie!
Top Review by letisha.castillo
LOVE LOVE LOVE these. I have made these cookies from another recipe without the cinnamon and toasted pecans. Those 2 ingredients make a huge difference. This recipe is a definate winner in my book.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup toasted then finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl beat butter 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and cinnamon; beat until combined.
- Beat in 2 teaspoons water and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and pecans with a wooden spoon.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake in 325 degree oven 20 minutes or until lightly browned on bottoms.
- Transfer to wire rack.
- Place 1 cup of powdered sugar in plastic bag.
- Add cookies few at a time; shake gently to coat.
- I make these 1 month ahead of time and freeze them before their final coat of powdered sugar.
- I thaw them out before sugaring.