Mexican Wedding Cakes
Called a cake but they are cookies. This recipe does not call for nuts like the others here at Zaar. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted flour
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream butter adding sugar gradually.
- Blend in salt, vanilla, and flour.
- If too soft, chill until firm.
- Scoop small pieces of dough, roll in hand to make a small ball, and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While still hot, roll cookies in powdered sugar.
- Move to a wire rack to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These were nice easy cookies. I too rolled them twice and they tasted great. The only little thing was that they flattened and were very hard to roll. Not quite sure why they flattened but I guess maybe if I had chilled them they would have stayed rounder. Anyways I nice cookie although I think I prefer the ones with pecans but nothing wrong with change ;) Made for the Dining Daredevils, ZWT5 2009
I made another 6 dozen cookies using this recipe. It was easy to prepare. I did have to turn the heat down on the oven though. It was too hot(perhaps because we are high altitude)the first batch became a little too brown, but that was ok, that batch stayed home and make son and husband happy. I rolled them twice in the powered sugar, first hot, then again after cool.Great recipe also.