Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups pastry flour
- 1 cup pecans, ground
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup ground cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/3 cup of powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, ground pecans, 1/2 cup grated chocolate, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt together well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for two hours, until firm.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 15 - 18 minutes. The cookies should be firm to the touch, then cool for 1 minute, and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In a small bowl mix together the 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and 1/4 cup of ground cocoa.
- Coat the the cookies while still warm in the sugar and cocoa mix.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them. "
Join The Conversation
Mine tasted great but didn't hold their shape in the oven. They were so crumbly, many fell apart when rolling in the cocoa/sugar coating. The only thing I did differently was I didn't have milk chocolate so I grated semi-sweet-chocolate instead. Do you think that's why they turned out too crumbly? Does milk chocolate melt more and hold the cookie together? Anyhow, the taste was very good so I gave it 5 stars and it made twice as many (48) as the recipe said.
I divided these between my husband, and my two daughters boyfriends ...... rave rave reviews, and they all want more, NOW. I didnt leave them in the fridge as long as I should have, because I was in a bit of a hurry, so one or two semi-melted, but for the most part, they were perfect. i will make allowances for the longer chilling time next time (next weekend!). Excellent biscuits, oh yes, we also dont know what they are like after a few days, they dont last that long!!!! Thank you BK, loved them, made (belatedly) for ZWT8