Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
History in the Baking again. I haven't tried these cookies but they sound good. I sure hope they take the calories out of their recipes up here. hehehe
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup crushed potato chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together; add remaining ingredients.
- Make walnut sized balls with the dough.
- Flatten ball with a glass bottom dipped in sugar.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove and cool on rack.
I was about to post my version of this recipe and found it was already here. My recipe calls for 1 cup crushed potato chips (I crush them before measuring by putting them in a ziplock baggie and using a rolling pin on them). I also don't roll or flatten mine, simply dropping them in teaspoonfuls in a greased baking sheet. It's lots of fun trying to get everyone to guess the secret ingredient...they never do!
FABULOUS! These are so easy and taste like Elves have been in the kitchen. A great copy of pecan sandies. Prepared for PAC Fall 2008
These cookies were a combination of buttery and crunchy. Very good.