- 4 quarts pears, peeled and ground
- 6 large onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup hot pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, ground
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients; let stand 1 hour.
- Drain well, discarding liquid.
- Heat mixture to a boil; lower heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/8 inch headspace.
- Adjust lids; process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.