Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the flour and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Press into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Increase oven temp to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, egg and vanilla; mix until combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Cut pears into 1/8 inch slices; arrange in a single layer over filling.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 375° for 28-30 minutes (center will be soft set and will become firmer upon cooling).
- Cool on a wire rack for 45 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator.
We are so happy to find this recipe. It is my daughter's favorite and when she lost her copy she was so disappointed. Thanks, Tarynne!!
These were delightful! I used fresh peeled pears. I plan to make this again this week, but I'm going to skip the cinnamon and use some lemon extract in the custard mixture...mmm
These don't sound that awesome but, trust me they are worth it and everyone who I have ever given these to loved them!