Recipe by Hey Jude
I had peanut noodles at a Thai carry-out place and then craved them again days later (and miles away). This recipe cures my craving for those noodles. I love cilantro and I add more than the recipe states :)
Top Review by Serah B.
This was amazingly simple and delicious. I subbed fresh mint for the cilantro but other than than followed the recipe as written. The kids loved having "peanut butter noodles." This will be a regular at our house
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 inch piece fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to box directions, drain and rinse with cold water in a colander. Transfer pasta to a large bowl and toss with sesame oil and sesame seeds. Set aside.
- Heat the broth in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook about 2 minutes. Set aside. Puree peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar and vinegar in a blender or food processor; stir mixture into broth. Cook until flavors combine, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Toss together the pasta and peanut butter dressing. Add garlic, cilantro, green onions, peanuts and ginger. Serve at room temperature.