Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am 5 months pregnant and peanut butter cups are my vice, these are the next best thing!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 36 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar and butter. Stir in the peanut butter, then the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the peanut butter mixture until the dough comes together. Shape into 1 inch balls and press them into the cups of an unprepared mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press a mini chocolate covered peanut butter cup down into the center of each cookie until only the top is showing. Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing from their pans.
I made some of these as a tester for the upcoming Christmas season and they are delicious! The cookie is chewy, yet soft at the same time. Very delicious, very peanut buttery overall and I added Christmas jimmies which added a bit of crunch - very nice texture contrast IMO. I only have one beef with this recipe, it says to put the dough in an unprepared muffin pan and even though mine is non-stick and I greased it up, these cookies were still a pain to get out! But I will definitely make again but using liners next time. Thanks for sharing.