Basketball Peanut Butter Cups
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 12 peanut butter cups
- 4 ounces orange candy melts
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Unwrap the peanut butter cups from their packages (leaving the paper liners on) and place on a baking sheet or large platter.
- Melt the candy melts in short bursts in the microwave, stirring after each until fully melted through.
- Top each butter cup with a teaspoon or two of the melted candy melts and then spread out into an even layer. Allow to set for 5 minutes.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and transfer to a piping bag or plastic food storage bag with the end snipped off. Pipe out the lines of a basketball on top of each.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Jonathan Melendez is a passionate author, food photographer, cook, baker, and recipe developer whose blog, The Candid Appetite, has appeared prominently on such sites as, BonAppetite, People, Cosmopolitan, The Kitchn, Today, The Cooking Channel, Food52 and Joy the Baker. He has created and photographed recipes for Idaho Potato Commission, Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, American Butter Institute and Jones Dairy Farm, to name a few. He lives in Los Angeles, CA.