Recipe by Toodles
This is an easy recipe to make with ingredients normally found in the pantry. It can be doubled as I often did when I was head cook for my church.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Delicious! These are very easy but look pretty fancy with the icing swirl. The whole family inhaled them! Used whole wheat pastry flour with great results. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease rectangle pan, 13 x 9 x 2 inches.
- Mix granulated and brown sugar with egg, margarine or butter and peanut butter in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 17-22 minutes; cool.
- Prepare Peanut Butter Frosting combining 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, 1/4 cup peanut butter and 2-3 tbls. milk until smooth; reserve 1/3 cup.
- To remaining frosting, stir in cocoa powder and additional 1-2 tbls. milk until smooth and spreading consistency.
- Frost squares with cocoa frosting.
- Drop peanut butter frosting by teaspoonfuls onto cocoa frosting swirling for marbled effect.
- Cut into 16 squares.