Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares
photo by Amanda C.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 (300 g) bag butterscotch chips
- 1 (200 g) bag mini-white marshmallows
- Melt together butter, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips on very low heat until mixed, stirring constantly. Cool for a bit (so as not to melt the marshmallows).
- Stir in mini marshmallows.
- Pour in a greased 11" x 13" pan.
- Refrigerate and cut into small (1-1/2") squares.
Questions & Replies
I had planned on making these all day..lo and behold, I get to the grocery store and they do not sell butterscotch chips!?! I say what the heck and grab the Hershey's milk chocolate chips. Oh my gosh!!! I have no idea what the original recipe tastes like and I doubt I ever will, because these were just unbelievable awesome. I used chunky peanut butter and lined the dish with wax paper..had no problem cutting or getting them out..only problem was not eating them all!! MMMMM
I’ve made this recipe many times- here are my tips - Melt your butter and peanut butter on the stove, then remove it from heat and stir in your butterscotch chips. This keeps the mixture from getting grainy. -Add more marshmallows than the recipe calls for. I add double, and I use multicolored marshmallows -Grease your pan, then put it in the freezer while you melt your butters so that it has a head start on cooling time That’s all! Good luck!
see 32 more reviews