Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
A very tasty and healthy cookie for everyone!!
Make and share this Peanut Butter Flax Seed Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven to 350°F Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream sugars and butter. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in peanut butter until smooth. Fold in flour mixture.
- Shape dough in balls, using about 1 tablespoons dough per cookie, and place 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets. using a fork, flatten cookies in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets on wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! Made these as written except I used all whole wheat flour! Baked in convection oven at 350 degrees for 6 minutes, let set on sheet for 3 minutes and cooled on rack. They were soft and delicious!! They are definitely something I will be making again!!! Yummy!
This recipe is yummy! I used 1/4 cup apple sauce and 1/4 cup butter instead of full butter called for. I also replace any recipe that calls for regular/wheat flour with 1/2 spelt and 1/2 oat flour and always use brown sugar in place of white sugar :) have to make them as healthy as possible! In doing it this way the batter was pretty runny...so I just plopped a teaspoon full on the cookie sheet and didn't do criss cross pattern. I will definitely be making this one again!
These are fabulous! The texture is perfect!