Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was my aunts recipe......very easy to make and they disappear quickly!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Blend in egg, 1/3 cup peanut butter, baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and oats.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, let stand 5 minutes or until chips are melted and then spread.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1/4 peanut butter, and enough milk to make it just thin enough to drizzle over the chocolate layer.
- Let cool until topping is hard.
These are simply great! I took these to our church Labor Day picnic and they were gone before most folks had finished their burgers! They were fun and easy to make. I'm going to make a second batch this week and use Splenda so hubby can have some. Thank You!!!
My daughter made these bars for our superbowl party and they turned out really good. Nice flavor and texture. Thanks for posting.