Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Libby's old newspaper clipping. I've tried this and it is a great cake. It is very beautiful.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Crumb Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together brown sugar, flour, and salt.
- Cut in butter and peanut butter until texture is like cornmeal.
- Take out 2/3 cup of this crumb mixture. Set aside.
- To the rest of the flour mixture, add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon water, and vanilla.
- Beat and pour into a greased pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake at 375°F for about 30 minutes or until done.
I baked this in a 8x8 pan. The edges were a bit dry and the center sank not completely cooked and I baked for 50 minutes. I suggest baking in a bundt pan for more even baking. I did add some crushed walnuts to the topping. Chocolate chips would be great in this. Taste was very good. And very easy to make.
a really pretty good tasting cake