1/4 Photos of Peanut Butter Cookies - the Magnolia Bakery
Chocolate chips may be substituted for the coarsely chopped chocolate. You can also use crunchy peanut butter but may want to reduce or eliminate the chopped peanuts. Cookies should be small.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (Skippy)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter morsels (peanut butter chips)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped very coarsely
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup sugar (approximately, for rolling)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy.
- 4Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg, milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- 5Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly.
- 6Stir in the peanut butter chips, chocolate, and peanuts.
- 7Refrigerate the dough for 10-20 minutes.
- 8Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into a bowl of granulated sugar.
- 9Place onto ungreased cookie sheets, at least two inches apart. Using a fork, lightly indent with a crisss-cross pattern (do not over flatten).
- 10Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake; cookies may appear to be underdone but they will continue to bake after removed from the oven.
- 11Cool the cookies on the sheets for 1 minute, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cookies - the Magnolia Bakery
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 180.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g