Peanut Butter Cookies
photo by Pam-I-Am
- Ready In:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Cream shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and water, beating well.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Dip a fork in flour, and flatten cookies to 1/4-inch thickness in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks, and cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I am a sucker for a good peanut butter cookie and this is such a quick, easy and delicious recipe! I am making them for the third time in 3 weeks! I made them for a playdate for my 1 year old and they were so good that I decided to make them for our church harvest festival as well. Now I am making them for a fellow mom who just had a baby and is getting dinners for a week from our mom's group. She is lactose intolerant and I thought these would be a perfect dessert since they are made with shortening! Win, win, win! Oh, and my 1 year old loves them and gets a big smile on his face when we give him a piece of ours! Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
I chose your recipe from the tons of PB cookie recipes because it contains flour, which I prefer, and it makes a lot. I got a little over 4 dozen 2.5 inch wide cookies. I sprinkled some granulated sugar on top of them pre-baking to give them a sparkle. I also used natural chucnky peanut butter which is trans-fat free as well as a trans-fat free crisco. Turned out tasty and great! Pam
see 7 more reviews