Recipe by Sivula Chef
These cupcakes are just devine - I think chocolate and peanut butter are the combination of the heavens! It's from the April/May '07 Taste of Home magazine's cupcake contest. It was only a runner-up, but should've been a winner in my opinion.
Top Review by Merlot
Oh my....heaven on earth!!! Everyone loved them and asked for the recipe. The cupcakes were moist and delicious. Everyone loved the peanut butter surpise in the middle. Can't wait to make these again, Sivula Chef.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and milk until smooth in one bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a third bowl, whisk eggs, water, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Stir into dry mixture until moistened. Batter will be thin.
- Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups 1/3 of the way.
- Drop scant tablespoons of peanut butter mix into the center of each.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and clean when removed.
- Combine last four ingredients for frosting and frost cup cakes.