Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Obviously a peanut butter/ chocolate chip/ bacon cookie. Found this recipe in the Food Network.com magazine. Haven't tried it yet, but am planning to for Father's Day. If anyone tries this, PLEASE post your reviews (that way I'll know how it turns out. :D ).
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch chipotle chili seasoning or 1 pinch dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup honey roasted peanuts (rough chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line two (2) baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Cook bacon until crisp, reserve two (2) tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and throw away the still chewy pieces.
- Beat the butter, and reserved bacon drippings in a large bowl using a mixer. Beat in the peanut butter until smooth. Slowly add the sugars and beat until creamy (approx 4 minutes with an electric mixer). Then add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- At low speed, add the flour mixture in two (2) portions, scraping the bowl as needed, until just combined. Stir in the peanuts and all but two (2) tablespoons of the chocolate chips and bacon.
- Form the dough into twelve (12) balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten with your fingers as the cookies will not 'spread' in the oven.
- Press the reserved chocolate chips and bacon onto the tops of each cookie. Bake until golden, 12- 14 minutes. Let cookies cool two (2) minutes on sheet, then transfer to cooling rack.
- Store in airtight container up to 3 days.
This is absolutly great. I used Jiff peanutbutter. I think that makes a difference. Also I made a double batch should have made more bacon for the top, I like bacon!