Obviously a peanut butter/ chocolate chip/ bacon cookie. Found this recipe in the Food Network.com magazine. Haven't tried it yet, but am planning to for Father's Day. If anyone tries this, PLEASE post your reviews (that way I'll know how it turns out. :D ).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch chipotle chili seasoning or 1 pinch dried ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts (rough chopped)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Line two (2) baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- 2Cook bacon until crisp, reserve two (2) tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and throw away the still chewy pieces.
- 3Beat the butter, and reserved bacon drippings in a large bowl using a mixer. Beat in the peanut butter until smooth. Slowly add the sugars and beat until creamy (approx 4 minutes with an electric mixer). Then add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- 4At low speed, add the flour mixture in two (2) portions, scraping the bowl as needed, until just combined. Stir in the peanuts and all but two (2) tablespoons of the chocolate chips and bacon.
- 5Form the dough into twelve (12) balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten with your fingers as the cookies will not 'spread' in the oven.
- 6Press the reserved chocolate chips and bacon onto the tops of each cookie. Bake until golden, 12- 14 minutes. Let cookies cool two (2) minutes on sheet, then transfer to cooling rack.
- 7Store in airtight container up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter- Chocolate Chip- Bacon Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (789 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.4
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 209.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chili seasoning