Peanut Butter Chocolate Bacon Cookies
photo by Tasha C.
- Ready In:
- Fry 4 strips of bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel, crumble when cool.
- Break apart chocolate squares, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix peanut butter and sugar well.
- Add beaten egg and baking soda.
- Roll mixture into 24 balls, place on lightly greased cookie sheets 12 to a sheet. Criss cross with a fork.
- Bake about 10 minutes, until puffy and golden.
- Remove from oven and immediately. carefully put on a wire rack, put a square of chocolate on top of each cookie. Sprinkle bacon crumbles on top of each cookie. Let cool. This is a delicate cookie, best to eat in one or two bites!
- Eating right away is preferred, or refrigerate leftovers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this recipe for a "Bacon Explosion" tailgate party, and I left with more than half the tray. First time I've had cookies leftover from a tailgate party. I might as well have just bought peanut butter/chocolate cookies because there was no bacon flavor to these. Super easy to make but this recipe doesn't live up to it's name. The cookies are way too delicate, they fall apart on first bite and are "challenging" to remove from your baking stone. Regarding taste, you get the peanut butter, then the sweet chocolate, and you wonder where the bacon is. After adding bacon grease to the batter and extra bacon on the top, the "bacon flavor" was still overwhelmed by the peanut butter and chocolate. My suggestion, skip this.