This quick cookie uses a yellow cake mix and oatmeal as its base. It comes together very fast and is fiber rich. You can use whatever jam or preserves you like. This recipe came from Southern Living Magazine.
- Line bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch pan with aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
- Stir together cake mix and oats in large bowl.
- Stir in butter with a fork until mixture is crumbly and dry ingredients are moistened.
- Press half of oat mixture evenly onto bottom of pan.
- Stir together peanut butter and preserves in a medium bowl.
- Gently spread peanut butter mixture evenly over oat mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle peanuts and remaining half of oat mixture evenly over peanut butter mixture.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Lift baked bars from pan, using foil sides as handles.
- Place on cutting board and cut into 24 bars.