Blackberry Jam Bars
photo by Lynn in MA
- Ready In:
- 7 tablespoons butter or 7 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firm packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup blackberry jam
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Combine flour, soda and salt, add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oats.
- Press half of mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square an.
- Top mixture with jam, spreading to within a 1/4 inch of edge.
- Press remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Cool, cut into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello,I collect old cookbooks,enjoy gardening,traveling and reading.I love to cook and bake!I've thought about opening my own bakery here in TN.That would be so fun!