Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish is a great way to warm up after a cold day. Serve it over rice and you'll have a tasty main dish!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) cansliced peaches, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- In large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add peaches with juice, brown sugar, soup mix to skillet. Stir until combined.
- Bring to boil; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; return chicken to pan.
- Simmer uncovered 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
The flavor was good but VERY sweet even after I halved the sugar. I might try it again and leave the sugar out. I did add some carrots and that was a good addition, if I do it again I will also put celery and peppers.
Being out of work right now I've turned to the kitchen to keep busy...I'm far from a good cook, but I was able to pull this off and was very pleased with the results. I snubbed my nose at the ingredients also, but, wow, what a great combination. Will make again for sure. I did; however, shake a few squirts of Worcestershire Sauce in it (don't know why! hehe). Thanks Stargazerlilly.
This recipe is really easy to make and as a college student I'm always looking for something simple and the ingredients were things I already had in my pantry! My roommates loved it and there is never any left over. Delicious.