Ham & Swiss Soup
photo by Bev I Am
- Ready In:
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir for a couple of minutes until thickened.
- Add broccoli and onion.
- Cook and stir until broccoli is tender tender-crisp.
- Add ham and cream. Heat through.
- Stir in cheese and cook until melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved it! Used it really to feed some friends make use of what was in fridge... Doubled nicely - used a fresh onion which I sauteed in the butter before the flour. Proceeed otherwise as written - you did mean whipping cream? That's how I interpreted. We really enjoyed this! Thank you Sorrie L. for a great soup recipe!
Wonderful! Wonderful! I doubled this recipe using freshly chopped broccoli, about 1 3/4 cup of freshly chopped sweet onions, deli black forest ham, and heavy cream. This soup is really awesome and I know I will be requested to make it again soon! I am so glad I discovered it before the cold weather hits because I know I will be making it a lot. Thank you, Sorrie Lue!