Hot Buttered Rum Batter Mix
This recipe was given to me by my friend,Debi Bundy, in 1980 when we were stationed at Holloman AFB in New Mexico. A Great way to warm up on a cold winter night! Also, the mix when stored in smaller jars makes a wonderful winter gift.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb butter
- 2 lbs brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place Brown Sugar in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl, and add the spices and mix well.
- Pour the butter and spice mixture over the Brown Sugar and add the eggs and mix until smooth. (Aprox. 15 mins).
- Once mixed, store in refrigerator in a large jar.
- To Serve: 1 heaping Tbsp Batter Mix, 1 1/2 jigger Rum in a Mug, fill with Hot Water and stir with cinnamon stick.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I'd never had this before but here in Trinidad Rum is a BIG deal, so decided to give this a try as I've heard of it - but never tried it. Well, you can bet I'll be having it more often. It's so creamy and good. Even though it's warm here - the taste is so good and it's so easy to make. We offered it to some of our Trini Friends and they really enjoyed it a lot. But it sure makes a lot.
So glad I found this recipe on here, this is exactly how my mom used to make this. Warms you up on a cold winter night. My kids even like to drink this (without the rum, of course!). Stores well in the freezer, and can even be used straight from the freezer. Excellent, thank you so much for posting this.