Chicken Rolls Stuffed With Bell Peppers
I love bell peppers and this makes a tasty main dish with beautiful presentation.
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups thinly sliced bell peppers, any and all colors
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese or 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pound chicken breasts to about 1/4" thickness and store in fridge until needed.
- Combine water, onion powder and garlic powder in small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add bell peppers and return to boil.
- Reduce heat to med. low, cover, and simmer 2-3 minutes until peppers are crisp tender and drain.
- Combine 1/2 tsp oil, oregano, thyme and pepper.
- Spread mixture over one side of chicken breasts.
- Arrange bell peppers on top.
- Roll up chicken and secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken, seams side down, in ungreased 8" square baking dish.
- Brush with remaining tsp of oil.
- Combine cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minute or until chicken is done.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Lovey stuffed chicken, very pretty! Would be great to serve to company. It was nice and moist, we liked the spread inside and the bell peppers; the thyme and oregano went well with the peppers. I used red peppers and just made half a recipe for the two of us, I wish I had made the whole recipe. thanks for posting I will be making it again.Reply
see 2 more