Ziti With Garlic Clam Sauce
A quick tasty main dish. Serve with a crusty bread and a green salad. At the suggestion of some reviewers, you can make a cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce, if desired.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 13 ounces clams, canned (undrained)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 8 ounces ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- In large skillet, over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onion; stirring frequently, cook 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring, 2 minutes longer.
- Add undrained clams, chicken broth, salt and crushed red pepper; heat to simmering.
- Add parsley; simmer 1 minute longer.
- Add pasta; toss to coat. Place in large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Really quick! I subbed rotini instead of ziti because that is what I had on hand. As other reviewers suggested, I used a cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce up a bit. Mine was very thin without it....maybe there was more liquid in my canned clams. The flavor was wonderful. Made for your win in football tag! Thanks for sharing!
Fantastic clam dish! And it's actually relatively healthy, no butter or cream yet you don't miss them at all. The garlic, onion, and clam juice really flavor things up nicely. I used a red onion and Rigatoni in place of Ziti. Doubled the batch and am glad I did. Thank you, Mikekey! [Made for the All You Can Cook Buffet]