Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I can't remember whether I found this recipe in the newspaper or a magazine, but it's always a hit. It's best made when the fruits are in season.
- 4 black plums, halved,pitted,cut in wedges
- 3 ripe nectarines, halved,pitted,cut in wedges
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 78.07 ml flour
- 59.14 ml margarine
- 177.44 ml uncooked oats
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- Lightly grease a shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Mix plums and nectarines, spread in dish.
- Mix sugar and flour, cut in margarine with pastry blender.
- Stir in oats.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over fruit.
- Dust with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm.
OMG! This is so good. The flavors blended well. I served it with ice cream on top and it was wonderful. Thank you for posting...Stephanie
Oh yum! My neighbor dropped off a whole load of very ripe fruit- so I needed a way to use up some beautiful plums and nectarines. This was superb- got rave reviews from my friends and husband, as well as the neighbors (who got their own as a thank-you). I did use butter instead of the margarine, and it worked out perfectly.