Peach Plum Jam
I got this recipe from About.com. It was posted by Diana Rattray. I was looking for a way to use up my peaches and plums and there wasn't a recipe like this posted here. Don't forget to use proper canning techniques. Make sure everything is sterile!!
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely chopped peeled and pitted peaches
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pitted plums
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 7 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) envelopes certo liquid pectin
- In a large pot combine peaches, plums, lemon juice and sugar.
- Cook, stiring, over med-high heat until sugar is melted.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add 2 pouches of Certo, stirring constantly.
- Return to a rolling boil.
- Boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off any foam with a metal spoon.
- Fill Hot sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe off jar rims with damp cloth.
- Top with 2 piece seal and ring.
- Hot water bath jars for 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I tripled the recipe, minus the pectin and half the sugar. After bringing to a boil. removed the "solids" and simmered several hours to reduce the juice to. Add the fruit back in with 1/2 tsp powdered vanilla because my fruit was noa little bland this year. Very yummy. I'll do it earlier in the season next year as I used the last of my peaches to do this batch. Thanks for posting!1Reply