Plum Bread Pudding
photo by Chris S.
- Ready In:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 cups challah, dry, crusts removed and cut into 1/4-1/2 inch cubes (about 8 thick slices)
- 6 plums, pitted and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, optional at my house
- 1 quart milk
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 -4 tablespoons damson plum jelly (can substitute other fruit jelly)
- Preheat 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 4 quart ovenproof casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes,plums and raisins(if using) in casserole dish.
- Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour over bread cube mixture.
- Mix well.
- Swirl jelly through mixture.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until set.
- Set warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!