Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I can't make pie. I am pie-crust challenged, and since no one can make a crust as good as my Gamma Betty's, I'm sticking to cobblers. Serve warm with ice cream, cold with ice cream... for breakfast – it’s that good! I think you can see a pattern here. If you leave room for the fruit to show through, it gets all bubbly and the sugars get all caramelized and gooey and yummy and and... I'm hungry.
- 6 cups peaches, fresh sliced
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 -4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss peaches with 1/3 cup sugar and arrange in a buttered, 11x14 inch glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle raspberries evenly over the top.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, milk, egg and butter.
- Pour mixture over fruit in a striped pattern, so some fruit shows through.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and a little sugar.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350°F, until topping is golden.
OMG!!! Just amazing! I used a combo of fresh peaches, fresh apricots and the blueberries. Divided into 2 pans (one for our friends) and everyone hoovered it all. I made it exactly as written. Thank you so much for sharing this splendid recipe. Will be made again and again this summer.