Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
When it's peach season and you don't feel like making a pie, prepare this filling ahead of time and make the pie when the mood strikes :).
- After peeling and slicing peaches, toss with lemon juice.
- Stir together flour and sugar and toss well with peaches.
- Place into foil lined deep pie plate, dot with butter and cover with foil.
- Freeze immediately. Next day lift foil package from pie plate and return to freezer.
- To bake pie, prepare pastry for a double crust and line a 10 inch pie plate with pastry.
- Fit unwrapped pie filling into crust and cover with a lattice crust.
- Cover the edge with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Cook at 425 for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes until crust is brown and juices bubble through vents.
This was a bit of summertime heaven in winter. I made and froze the filling last summer when I had fresh peaches. The filling was delicious. My bottom crust was not fully cooked but I blame that on my lack of pie crust skills, not on the recipe. When I do it again though, I'll just do a top crust.
lovely peach pie filling! I would definately make this again, I used splenda instead of the sugar and cut it back to 1/2 cup and instead of flour I use 3 tablespoons of corn starch for the thickener and left out the butter. I used it in a shortcrust pastry, it was a huge success, thanks for posting.