Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are sweet and a little salty at the same time. I like to drizzle with cinnamon bun icing or chocolate and whipped cream. I love it. Also if you don't want to go through all the trouble of the base then just use 2 cans of peach (or whatever) pie filling. You will not need to add sugar to the pancake mix as there is plenty in the peaches. Warning: This is eggy, good for someone who likes sweet and savory or just likes eggs alot, this does not taste like a normal desert and some guests may not like it, know your crowd first and then make this. Read it through first to go faster.
- 1 lb peach
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Peel and cut your peaches into 1 inch or so cubes or slice and place in a saucepan with water, butter, cornstarch, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Put on medium heat, bring to a boil and boil for 15 minutes. Let it cool so that it is still warm but not hot.
- While it is cooling/boiling place 3 eggs in bowl and beat until frothy.
- Add in the other ingredients and beat until just smooth.
- Pour your peach mix into a biscuit pan or a baking dish and pour the pancake mix on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until done, pull it out and top with whatever you like, serve warm.