Cook1 hr 30 mins
This recipe comes from a junior league cookbook, Above and Beyond Parsley. It is simply delicious and easy. I always serve mine with vanilla bean ice cream. Tip for an easy way to peel the peaches - blanch them in boiling water for about 30 seconds, then immediately place them in icy cold water and slip the skins right off!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the flour, salt and cold butter pcs. until crumbly.
- Add sour cream and blend until the mixture forms a ball.
- Gather the dough together and shape into a flat disc. Press dough onto bottom and sides of a 9 inch tart or sringform pan - evenly.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- For filling:.
- Combine egg yolks, sour cream, sugar flour and salt.
- Pour 1/2°C mixture over baked crust.
- Top with sliced peaches in concentric circles.
- Pour remaining custard mixture evenly over the peaches and smooth out.
- Bake at 350 degrees fro about 50 - 60 minutes or until the custard is set and top is lightly browned.
- Cool for about 10 minutes before removing sides of pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature (refrigerate if not serving right away).
This is absolutely delicious. It sort of tastes like a combination of peach pie and custard. MMMMmm. It was real easy to put together, too. Made for ZWT6 2010.