photo by under12parsecs
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, room temp
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 13 large peaches, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 pint sour cream
- In a food processor pulse with metal blade butter into flour,baking powder,salt, and 4 tablespoons sugar, until cornmeal consistency.
- Put into 9x13 inch pan and pat lightly into pan, letting a little come up the sides.
- Arrange peaches close together in rows in the shell.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 14 minutes until sugar melts into peaches.
- Meanwhile, beat egg yolks and sour cream together by hand.
- Spoon over the peaches and return to oven for 30 minutes longer until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved everything about this dessert. My husband and I ate an entire pan of it in 2 days! It became our breakfast, lunch and dinner. Soooo yummy! I accidently mixed the sugar and cinnamon in with the sour cream/egg yolk mixture but it still turned out perfect. My husband liked it so much that he even offered to help me make it next time.
I would give this 5 stars each for looks, smell, and ease of preparation, but we really didn't care for taste of the sour cream/egg yolk top. Mine took longer to bake than stated in order to get the top to set. I would also recommend that you change the instructions to add GREASING the 13x9 pan or using foil + greasing!!