Recipe by SilverOpera
This is the best cobbler I've ever eaten. I can't even try to describe how delicious it is, so I'll just let you make it and see for yourself. It isn't crumbly like a lot of cobblers. The texture is like a cross between custard and cake - it's just so good.
Top Review by saracho
This was a hit in our house! It was very simple to put together. I liked it, but not nearly as much as the adorable husband. He gave it his golden approval: "honey, you can make this any time!" Thanks for posting.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (28 ounce) can peaches in heavy syrup or 3 fresh peaches, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peach syrup, reserved from canned peaches
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and pour into an 8 inch glass square baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk and stir to mix.
- Pour mixture into the dish with the butter, and do not mix it further.
- Mix brown sugar and peach syrup.
- Place peaches into the pan of goop and pour the syrup mixture over it.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.