One of my husband's favourite desserts. This time of year (fall) the fruit is so wonderful! Top it with coffee cream (half-and-half). originally from "Smart Cooking" by Anne Linsay
- Combine peaches and blueberries in an 8 cup casserole.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Add this mixture to the casserole.
- Mix well with fruit.
- Combine rolled oats, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or microwave on high for 10 minutes, until mixture is bubbling and fruit is fork tender.
- Serve warm or cold.
I had both the fresh peaches and the blueberries and simply couldn't resist the temptation of this recipe. It kept calling my name! I'm so glad it did too, because this was wonderful! I made exactly as directed and it turned out magnificently! Thank you so much, Dorothy for sharing this wonderful recipe with Recipezaar!
This is fantastic! I made this with no substitutions, it's great just as it is! The fruit mix is just sweet enough, the topping is crunchy and goes so good with the creamy filling. I made it in the oven and served it warm with vanilla ice-cream. YUM!! Thanks Dorothy, this is a keeper!
I made this tonight and found it very easy to put together. I liked the combination of the peaches and blueberries. But next time I will make sure the blueberries thawed before using them. I think this is the reason it came out juicier (watery) than it should.