Wild Maine Blueberry Crisp
Courtesy of The Lighthouse Keeper's Cookbook of Maine.
- Ready In:
- 5 cups wild maine blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup diced peeled apple
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Filling: In a small bowl, combine the Wild Blueberries, sugar, lemon rind, and apples.
- Mix well and place in a well buttered 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan.
- Crisp: In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, pecans, oats, salt, and rub in the butter with your fingers until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread evenly over the Wild Blueberry filling.
- Bake 45 minutes or until the crust is brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I didn't have Maine blueberries but I did have some good looking bigger berries that I wanted to use up. This was a GREAT dessert for us! It was just sweet enough without being sicky sweet, which was a big plus in my book, especially because the ice cream we had it with was sweet. We each had a dish with a big scoop of our favorite ice cream on it, and we were happy people! Thanks Julie!Reply
see 1 more