11 hrs 2 mins
10 hrs 30 mins
Miss JJ's Note:
This is out of Southern Living and I thought it sounded really good, but I tend to loose things, so I am posting it here so I know where it will be! You can sub vanilla extract for the paste if thats all you have.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together first 3 in gredients in a large heavy saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk and whipping cream, Cook over medium heat, stiffing constantly, 10-12 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- 2Whisk egg yolk until slightly thickened. Gradually whisk about 1 cup hot cream mixture into yolk. Add yolk mixture to remaining cream mixture whisking constantly. Whisk in vanilla bean paste. Cool 1 hour, stiffing occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile, cook peaches and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 4-5 minutes. Coarsely mash, and let cool 30 minutes. Stir peach mizture into cooled cream mixtre.
- 4Place plastic wrap directly on cream mixture and chill 8-24 hours.
- 5Meanwhile, melt butter in s small skille over medium heat; add pecans, and cook, stiffing constatnly, 8-9 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Remove from heat, and sprinkly with 1/4 tsp kosher salt. Cool completely. (about 30 minutes).
- 6Pour chilled cream misture into frezer container of a 11/2 quart electric ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Before transferring ice cream to and airtight container for further freezing, stir in pecan mixture.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach and Toasted Pecan Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.1
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 151.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: