Recipe by Miss JJ
This is out of Southern Living and I thought it sounded really good, but I tend to loose things, so I am posting it here so I know where it will be! You can sub vanilla extract for the paste if thats all you have.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla beans, past
- 1 cup peeled and coarsely chopped peach
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together first 3 in gredients in a large heavy saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk and whipping cream, Cook over medium heat, stiffing constantly, 10-12 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolk until slightly thickened. Gradually whisk about 1 cup hot cream mixture into yolk. Add yolk mixture to remaining cream mixture whisking constantly. Whisk in vanilla bean paste. Cool 1 hour, stiffing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook peaches and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 4-5 minutes. Coarsely mash, and let cool 30 minutes. Stir peach mizture into cooled cream mixtre.
- Place plastic wrap directly on cream mixture and chill 8-24 hours.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in s small skille over medium heat; add pecans, and cook, stiffing constatnly, 8-9 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Remove from heat, and sprinkly with 1/4 tsp kosher salt. Cool completely. (about 30 minutes).
- Pour chilled cream misture into frezer container of a 11/2 quart electric ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Before transferring ice cream to and airtight container for further freezing, stir in pecan mixture.