Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- Ready In:
- Add the pecans, sugar, and butter to an 8-inch skillet.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly for 6-8 minutes or until the sugar is melted and is a rich brown color.
- Take skillet from stove; spread nuts on a buttered baking sheet or piece of foil.
- Separate nuts into clusters; let cool; break clusters into small chunks; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the half-and-half, brown sugar, and vanilla; stir to mix well and until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in the whipping cream; stir to combine.
- In a 4- to 5-quart ice cream freezer, freeze cream mixture according to the manufactuer's directions.
- Stir in pecans.
- Ripen for 4 to 24 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Mmmmmmm!!! DH & I can't stay out of this one. I used finely chopped pecans and doubled the amount for candying them. I'll use half later in a granola recipe. The rest of the recipe I actually cut in half, and it worked perfect in my 1.5 qt freezer. Essentially, I have double the pecans. I do wish it had a creamier texture, but the taste can't be beat. I think I might try using all whipping cream next time instead of half-and-half. Overall, this is excellent and we will definitely be making it again!
I could not believe the flavor of this recipe. It was not too sweet or rich ~ it was perfect and absolutely delicious! I added 1/2 extra pecans also, because I just loved the flavor of the buttery, crunchy pecans with the creamy ice cream. This is definitely a permanent recipe for my box! This recipe did not fill my ice cream container so I suggest doubling it. It is so yummy, you'll be glad you have lot's extra!