Recipe by Little Bee
I saw her make this on Food Network and it looks really good, so I thought I would post,
Top Review by ruready2rope
THIS IS GREAT! I have made it two ways. I did it just as the recipe says to. As well I have mixed all the ingredients up together and than put them in the pie crust. I would suggest a deep dish pie crust mine always over flows... Take the time and try this you will be glad you did!
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (use less if the sausage is salty)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, partially baked and cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, crumble the sausage with a fork.
- Sauté the sausage until completely cooked.
- Drain off the fat, remove the sausage, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in another skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions in the butter until tender.
- Add the milk and heat until steam rises, but do not boil the milk.
- Cut the cream cheese into small pieces, add it to the onion mixture, and remove the pan from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, then add the cheddar, the onion mixture, the Worcestershire, salt, and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and pour this into the pie crust.
- Top with cooked sausage, and bake for 30 minutes, or until set.